We perform remote Energy Benchmarks and on-site Energy Audits to comply with state and city ordinances.
We provide Energy Benchmarking via the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager portal. All benchmarking is done remotely, and we strive to make sure our clients do as little as possible to make compliance happen.
Energy Benchmarks require reporting the use of water, waste, and gas and/or electricity, by interfacing with the local utilities, checking for errors, and submitting accurate data.
We also provide a report that explains your building or buildings’ energy use, how it compares to others, and an assessment if further action is needed.
Other than a few clerical details up front, our process is thorough on our end, so that you don’t have to worry about anything on your end.
- Speak with client to confirm property details and client needs.
- Get signed contract and utility access from client, whether that is a Letter of Authorization or a bill.
- Create account in Portfolio Manager. Perform research on property.
- Wait for utility access (this sometimes takes up to two weeks, depending on the utility).
- Complete the benchmarking process, double checking data and reconciling data errors.
- File report with the local authority.
- Provide client with our report, discuss any actionable or concerning findings.
- Benchmarking compliance for every eligible property
- Reports for every property
- Data analysis spreadsheet and report for portfolios seeking a ranked energy performance list
On-site or remote, full-service
Either for compliance or to identify energy efficiency opportunities, Bay Efficiency also performs Energy Audits for clients who request the service. We use our own software to catalogue and report on a property’s energy use, to give a future-focused, thorough analysis of a building’s existing fixtures, their hourly-demand charge, and potential savings using energy efficient products.
Our software allows for building managers to control product pricing decisions, and simply receive quotes on labor.
Please call or e-mail us for more information.